Online learning at the University of Glasgow allows you to benefit from the outstanding educational experience that we are renowned for, without having to relocate to our campus. This online Health Technology Assessment MSc programme will enable you to appraise evidence and understand the consequences of technology, then prioritise its use in order to better prevent, diagnose and treat disease. Our Masters in HTA focuses on the production, critical appraisal and use of scientifically rigorous research evidence, applied to a range of health-related areas. Health Technology Assessment (HTA) analyses relevant evidence and knowledge in order to understand the effects and consequences of healthcare technologies. It contributes to priorities and decisions in relation to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation. If you are a recent graduate or you work in the pharmaceutical industry, government agencies or research, this programme will give you the practical skills to advance your career. WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- Provided by our College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, our Health Technology Assessment online Masters brings together internationally renowned experts and state-of-the-art facilities to improve health for humans and animals across the globe.
- The College also provides innovative and research-led teaching for our students, preparing you for a wide variety of exciting careers.
- The programme is delivered by the Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment (HEHTA) research team. Our academics are world-class experts in their field.
- As well as being involved in research and teaching, the team is involved in HTA decision making at a national level.
- Drawing on insights in data science, health economics, analytical decision modelling and patient-reported outcome measures, this programme will give you hands-on experience of the interconnected disciplines that are core to Health Technology Assessment.
- The HEHTA team also drives key decisions and assessments for a range of international health agencies, ensuring our content is always up to date and relevant in the real world.
How to apply
International applicant information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'international'.
To be accepted to this programme, you must have: At least a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant quantitative subject (i.e. economics, mathematics, statistics, medicine, pharmacy, epidemiology, health services research) from a recognised institution. Exceptionally, consideration may be given to those with a relevant professional qualification who have experience in the field of health technology assessment. A background in health or medicine is desirable but not essential, we welcome applications from other academic disciplines. When submitting your application, please include: Your Curriculum Vitae AND A supporting statement.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sponsorship and funding information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'scholarships'.
University of Glasgow
The Fraser Building
65 Hillhead Street
Clearing contact details
Clearing Application Line
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Health Technology Assessment Enquiries
0141 330 4515