Are you interested in Understanding business concepts and how to use IT to serve business needs? Our Business Information Technology Degree gives you the skills to make IT work for businesses. Business Information Technology bridges the gap between IT and Business to drive innovation and growth in the modern global organisation. It embeds a systems philosophy of connectivity, to offer an in-depth understanding of business concepts and how to use IT to serve business needs. It will also provide essential skills that will facilitate communicating and discussing technical and business ideas effectively with technical and non-technical audiences. What's covered in the course? You will work collaboratively with tutors, researchers and businesses, applying practice-based skills to real-life case studies and live project briefs which will develop your problem-solving and analytical skills. Learn how to think like a coder, to influence the design, development and use of information systems and technology in organisations. You will also gain an in-depth understanding on how organisations can harness the data to improve decision-making. In a summary, this course will give you the skills and knowledge to make IT work for businesses. Develop your technical, research, design and organisational ability, and leave with the skills employers want. Work in our advanced software development and computer programming labs, using dedicated facilities for systems analysis, networking, e-commerce and business intelligence – all of which reflect advanced professional practice. Why Choose Us?
- You will work in advanced software development and computer programming labs, using dedicated facilities for systems analysis, networking, e-commerce and business intelligence – all of which reflect advanced professional practice.
- You will have the option of a sandwich year, enabling you to undertake valuable work experience.
- You will gain experience in working in multidisciplinary teams and understand how to apply your skills within a range of industries.
- You’ll get to work in our £260 million City Centre Campus, using state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technologies.
- Graduates have gone on to work at companies and organisations such as IBM, Mercedes-Benz and Microsoft.
- You will benefit from the expertise of our academic staff, who have a wealth of industry experience.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Millennium Point Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|