Computer Science is an exciting and rapidly evolving subject that affects every area of our lives. A deep understanding of computing puts you in a great position to influence the future as well as opening up excellent employment prospects and well-paid careers. At Kent, we teach you the fundamentals of computer science as well as giving you the opportunity to specialise in areas of your choice in your final year. Our excellence in teaching is underpinned by our research; we are an Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research as well as being experts in programming languages and artificial intelligence. We give you lots of support via peer mentoring, web forums as well as study skills services to help you fulfil your potential. Choose to study a Computer Science degree at Kent because:
- We lead cutting-edge research in cyber security, artificial intelligence and programming languages
- Our graduates have excellent career prospects. Recent graduates have gone to work at companies including BT, The Walt Disney Company, Microsoft, IBM and HSBC
- You can add a year in industry after the second year, giving you work experience, a salary and the possibility of a job with the same company after graduation
- You can take advantage of the fantastic resources in ‘The Shed’, our creative makerspace
- This programme has full CITP and partial CEng accreditation from BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- You can join ‘TinkerSoc’, a student-run society for those who enjoy making things
- Computer Science at Kent was ranked 8th for research intensity and scored 87% overall in The Complete University Guide 2022
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
Applicants should have grade C or 4 in English Language GCSE or a suitable equivalent level qualification.
Please visit our website for further information:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course