The BSc (Hons) Computer Science (With sandwich placement) degree is a fresh and modern course that blends the technical focus of computer science with social and environmental awareness. Your study will encompass a wide range of topics in data science, artificial intelligence and cyber security, with an emphasis on innovating creative solutions using an architectured approach. Course overview This course aims to increase your subject knowledge alongside your academic development through active learning. Your tutors will mentor you in applying your new skills in problem- and project-based modules. The new concepts and methods you will learn at each level of study will be linked by an ‘architectured’ approach, which is the creative integration of theories, tools, technologies, and methods, to produce solutions in computer science. In your final year, you will study specialised subjects including artificial intelligence, data science and cyber security. You will work on real-world projects, and your solutions will have immediate commercial value. This course also includes the opportunity for you to take a sandwich year between your second and third year of study. This is a year-long period of paid industrial training in the UK where you will hone your expertise, try out a potential career path, get relevant workplace experience that is valued by many. On this course you will...*
- Study in a brand-new, purpose-built facility with emerging technology to support your learning.
- Develop the technical knowledge and commercial and social awareness to be ready for an exciting career in computer science.
- Benefit from access to some of the world's major employers, who are right on the doorstep.
- Develop your professional skills alongside your academic study, with employability skills embedded in every module.
- Explore the broader responsibilities of computer scientists to society and the environment.
- Study a curriculum that was designed in collaboration with BAE Systems to ensure your degree is modern, relevant and future-proof.
- Fundamentals of Computer Science
- Computing Platforms
- Problem Solving and Computational Thinking
- Business Requirements
- Designing Computing Solutions
- Technical Project 1
- Data Collection, Storage and Analysis
- Enterprise Systems
- Managing Business Operations and Technology Strategy
- Programming and Developing Software Solutions
- Technical Project 2
- (Optional) Sandwich Placement
- Sandwich placement year
- Professional Project
- Data Science
- Cyber Security
- Artificial Intelligence
- Emerging Technologies and Innovation
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications from students requiring a Student visa. For more information, please contact the course provider.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|