Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
OVERVIEW Careers in business and human resource management offer limitless possibilities. But, whether you’ve got ambitions of holding high-profile roles or setting up your own company, you need the right skills to get you started. This course specifically prepares you for studying our BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management degree. It will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to study for an honours degree, even if you don’t currently meet the academic requirements. Once you’ve passed, you’ll be ready to start your degree course. That means your degree will take four years, or five years if it includes a work placement or year studying abroad. Preparing for the world of work The full BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management isn’t just about business theory. It will prepare you for a variety of roles. By the end of your degree you’ll be ready to take on leadership positions, manage teams, develop strategies and make decisions. You’ll have fundamental skills like team-working and problem-solving alongside more specialist business knowledge. Putting your knowledge into practice on a work placement or studying abroad in year four is an excellent opportunity to boost your CV. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Adapt to university life - develop your study skills, prepare for a full degree course and familiarise yourself with our Manchester campus.
- Funding support - you can apply for student finance (e.g. tuition fee loan, student loan and student maintenance grant) in the same way as other students.
- Centre of Excellence - we are accredited by the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs for our leading-edge practices which place us at the forefront of enterprise learning.
- Location - with one of the fast growing economies in Europe, Manchester is the ideal city to get to grips with the ins and outs of the world of business.
- Business expertise - learn from business leaders and academics undertaking cutting-edge research, informing policy and consulting organisations. We’ve also set up Innospace to help you put your business idea into action.
- Business placements – gain experience in the business world through our extensive network of industry connections in year four of your degree.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||72 - 80 points|
|A level||BC - BB|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMP|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass Access to HE Diploma in a relevant subject with a minimum 74 UCAS Tariff Points|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DM|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||24 points|
GCSE grade D or grade 3 in English Language and Mathematics. Level 2 Functional Skills English and Mathematics also accepted.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course