Overview The course has been designed to reflect the constantly evolving landscape in sport policy and provision from a national and international context. It explores the sport delivery environment in ways that is both intellectually and creatively challenging to enable you to understand the complex partnerships and interactions which create sport programmes and initiatives across all the sectors in sport. Sport businesses are a growing and dynamic sector of the global economy. These range from the familiar sport facility manager, to the growing number of small, niche sport tourism operators who cater for the needs of travellers wanting to experience various sporting events that take place around the world. This growth has meant that there is a healthy demand for talented professionals in this field, who can project manage and deliver high quality sport services and products. Key features
- Professional placements in your 2nd year to build confidence, experience and enhance employability skills
- Sandwich year option between 2nd and 3rd year of study enabling you to work in the UK or abroad
- Excellent industry links, including Worcester Warriors Rugby Club, Worcestershire County Cricket, Severn Stars Netball, Worcester Wolves basketball and Redpoint Worcester
- Access to top-flight facilities including the University Arena which hosts international elite sports events, providing work experience opportunities
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.