The HNC in Management & Leadership is ideal for existing managers looking to gain a formal qualification in their field or for aspiring managers starting out in the industry. During the HNC in Management & Leadership you will develop your management principles such as leadership and managing people as well as business, economics and marketing to give you a grounding in all aspects of management and leadership. Working in a managerial role can be a challenging yet rewarding experience. Whether you are already a leader or manager with responsibilities or are aspiring to step into a new role that requires such responsibility, in committing yourself to a higher national qualification in Management & Leadership, you will learn the necessary skills and knowledge required to operate within demanding and highly competitive environments. The key areas covered during the HNC are
- Management and leadership skills
- Managing and working with others
- Planning and implementing change
- Managing operational resources
- Customer care
- Develop the skills required of a manager and to build and develop the practical knowledge and skills that allow you to face the day to day challenges of the modern workplace.
- Develop your knowledge and skills required for employment in a management environment.
- Build the key skills of personal resilience, confidence and empathy.
- Establish a working knowledge of the key functional areas that shape leadership roles and build a set of practical skills that you can take to the workplace.
- Develop the skills required of a manager to connect with co-workers, peers, customers and other stakeholders.
- Enable you to contribute within an organisation and undertake leadership responsibility for a given area/project or idea.
- Apply leadership skills in a range of organisational settings.
Economic issues: An Introduction Managing Operational Resources Business Law: An Introduction Managing People and Organisations Management: Leadership at Work Management: Developing Self-Management Skills Marketing: An Introduction Managing People Management & Leadership Graded unit 1
Theory and practice are taught through a variety of innovative learning methods and opportunities. Assessment will be through report, essays and case studies as well as presentations, group assessments and projects. The HNC includes a Graded Unit, which is a project in the form of a practical assignment. It is designed to assess your ability to retain and integrate the knowledge and skills gained in the award and also to grade your achievement. There are three grades: A — if you achieve 70% or over B — if you achieve between 60% and 69% C — if you achieve between 50% and 59%.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Al-Maktoum College of Higher Education
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Applicants who do not meet the formal entry requirements will be asked to provide a 250-word statement alongside their application form. Mature students who do not meet the formal entry requirements are encouraged to apply and will be invited to attend an interview.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||5||Minimum of 5.0 in sub-components reading, listening and speaking. And 6.0 in writing|
English language requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£4500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£4500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£4500||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Applicants can apply for UK government loans and funding. Bursaries & scholarships of up to £3,000 are available.