If you are interested in reading between the lines, and being challenged by new ideas and ways of seeing, then this course is for you. English literature is a broad, accessible and important subject. On this course you'll study an exciting range of texts from many different periods and settings, including novels, drama and poetry, and discover an exciting variety of approaches for reading and interpreting them. You will develop your skills of analysis and communication, which will enable you to take a fresh look at familiar texts, and to encounter new texts and ideas with confidence. Key features of the course
- Learn how to analyse a wide range of texts including novels, drama and poetry
- Discover the historical and cultural contexts that have shaped English literature
- Explore the work of famous authors alongside lesser known but equally fascinating writers
- Have the option of studying creative writing or English language alongside English literature
- Develop advanced skills in analysis, evaluation, communication and critical thinking that are highly valued in the workplace
This degree has three stages. You’ll start Stage 1 with a broad introduction to the arts and humanities followed by learning about contemporary cultures and relationships between cultures throughout history. Next, in Stage 2, you’ll study two compulsory literature modules exploring different approaches to reading texts and developing your skills of literary analysis. Finally, in Stage 3, you’ll complete your degree with an advanced literature module and your choice from modules in literature, creative writing and English language.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6192||Whole course|