Our Extended Medical Degree course MBBS (EMDP) is specifically designed for students who are studying A-levels or Access to Medicine at a non- selective state school or who are participants of Realising Opportunities across England. The course offers a more graduated introduction to medical study than the standard MBBS degree and provides greater academic and pastoral support. Key benefits
- Graduated introduction to medical study with additional support in your first two years
- Integration of medical science with clinical teaching and focus on learning in close contact with patients
- Focus on learning in close contact with patients
- Partner hospitals include Guy’s, King’s College and St Thomas’ Hospitals – three of the most renowned and busiest teaching hospitals in London. • In addition, students benefit from clinical placements at district general hospitals located across the south east of England and over 350 general practices.
- Learn from some of the world’s most influential clinicians and scientists, who are global leaders in life sciences and medical research.
- A multi-faculty university giving you access to a breadth of non-core subjects including humanities and social sciences.
- Twinned with leading medical schools around the world, providing opportunities for clinical exchanges during your elective module.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- General Medical Council
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This course has restrictions on who can apply.
This programme is only open to non-selective state schools students or participants of Realising Opportunities in England. For more details, see below
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please note that students with Overseas fee status are ineligible to apply for this programme. UKCISA has a number of resources to advise you of which fee status category you may fall into dependent on your circumstances, so we would recommend reviewing these prior to making an application.
Required subjects: Biology and Chemistry, as well as GCSE (or equivalent) study of English language and Maths. All applicants must take the UKCAT. For more information on our entry requirements, please visit our online prospectus.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT)
Must be taken in the summer before applying
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|