About this Course: The Foundation Degree (FdSc) Professional Practice in Health and Social Care is ideal for those looking to build on their existing professional experience or those wishing to embark upon a career within Health and Social Care. This flexible foundation degree is a work based learning award which combines health and social care education with either existing employment or work placements to develop your skills and competencies for a wide range of roles across the health, social or community care sectors. The Health and Social Care Sector is both vast and fast-paced, and priorities on the healthcare agenda include person-centred care, safeguarding, health promotion and public health. Career opportunities are extensive and a professional qualification may lead to job roles with greater autonomy and supervisory or management responsibilities. Students will develop both practical and theoretical skills, whilst gaining an in-depth knowledge of today’s topical and most important issues, the course is designed to both inspire and challenge you, through a range of learning experiences. You will learn through practical assignments that focus on the real-world challenges you will face in your career. Modules Covered: Year 1
- Reflective and Personal Development Skills
- Work-based Learning Academic Practice 1
- Essential Sciences for Person Centred Care
- Integrated Holistic Assessment and Delivery of Health and Social Care Interventions
- Foundations of Effective Collaborative Practice
- Work-based Learning Academic Practice 2
- Promoting Health, Wellbeing and Independence
- Using and Evaluating Evidence to Inform Practice
- Leadership and Management
- Employment in diagnosis Imaging, Nursing and Midwifery, Mental Health Professions, Occupational Therapy, Social Worker, Physiotherapy and many more.
- Progress to a full University Degree in areas such as BSc/BA (Hons): Nursing, Social Work, Physiotherapy, Diagnostic Radiography, Occupational Therapy and Paramedic Science
- 48 UCAS Points
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or above or equivalents Level 2 Adult Numeracy/Literacy, Level 2 Key Skills/ Application of number)
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
Level 4: Essential Sciences for Person Centred Care; Holistic Assessment, Delivery & Implementation of Health and Social Care Interventions; Foundations for Effective Collaborative Practice; Reflective & Personal Development Skills; Work Based Learning. Level 5: Promoting Health, Wellbeing & Independence; Using and Evaluating Evidence to Inform Practice; Leadership & Management; Work Based Learning.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications from students requiring a Student visa. For more information, please contact the course provider.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University Centre Rotherham (UCR)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6900||Year 1|