Overview We offer a range of programmes which combine a foundation year with a degree in Biological Sciences over a four year course. These courses are perfect if you:
- studied non-science subjects but now want to pursue a career in science
- are returning to education after some time away
- don't currently meet the requirements for direct entry onto our degree courses
- A friendly supportive learning environment with an open-door policy and support from a personal academic tutor
- Carefully designed courses to help you make sure you have the right mix of skills and knowledge to progress
- A strong emphasis on practical and laboratory work
- Modern laboratories, specialist equipment and an inspiring environment for you to gain practical skills and develop your interests
- Excellent teaching staff who are committed to helping students achieve their goals
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
For the BSc Hons Forensic Science and Applied Biology with a Foundation Year you should be at least 18 years old and have GCSE (or equivalent) passes in English Language. However, all applicants will be judged on their individual merits and we will take other skills, qualifications and life experience into account. We welcome mature students without the usual formal qualifications and will consider your application based on your suitability and preparedness to complete the course. The University will consider each application on its individual merits and will recognise a range of qualifications, including BTEC, access courses, European Baccalaureate and pre-2002 qualification such as GNVQ. Non-standard entry via the exploratory essay route is also available.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page