Overview The Early Years (0-8) Foundation Degree is a new and innovative course for people who are working, or who aspire to work, in the Early Years sector. It is designed to fit around your needs and if you find it difficult to attend regular classes, but would like to develop your skills, then this is the course for you. Throughout the degree, you will be offered the opportunity to develop the appropriate professional attributes, knowledge and understanding required for the care and education of children within national and international contexts. This interconnected approach is reflected in a range of assignments designed to encourage you to consider a variety of perspectives and the development of critical skills in relation to theory applied to practice. Pathway options This foundation degree is designed to be flexible, dependent on your career aspirations and you are given a choice of pathways:
- Early Years (0-8) (Professional Practice) pathway. This pathway has 'Full and Relevant' status with the DfE and allows you to meet the Early Years Educator (EYE) standards and achieve 'Full and Relevant' status by the end of your course. This is important to employers as it lets them count you in EYFS staff:child ratios at level 3.
- Early Years (0-8) pathway. This is the best pathway for those who already have a 'Full and Relevant' level 3 qualification. It enables you to further develop your professional practice within early years or to progress to a teaching career.
- 96% of students in work or undertaking further study upon completion of their degree
- Enhancement of your academic and professional development whilst you work
- Provides theoretical insights on your professional practice and develop your leadership potential
- The professional practice pathway has 'Full and Relevant' status with the Department for Education
- Choose to study full or part-time at one of our partner colleges at a range of locations throughout the region
- Early Years conference in February
- Opportunity to progress to a BA Top-up degree and to Early Years Teaching
- International opportunities available
- 20th for student experience and 23rd for teaching quality in the 2022 Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 3 in the UK for Quality Education in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page