- Course summary*
- Learn the practical skills you’ll need to develop computer games.
- Understand the latest developments in the industry.
- Learn how to apply the latest game development concepts and technologies.
- Study and develop games using a variety of different game platforms.
- group work
- lectures and seminars
- technical workshops in computer labs
- independent study
- practice-based learning and group work
- formative assessments
- walkthroughs and presentations
- access to our unique student support triangle to help with your personal, academic and career development
- access to our Skills Centre with one to ones and online resources, where you can get help with planning and structuring your assignments
- industry-specific employability activities such as live projects, learning in simulated environments and networking opportunities
Year 1 Foundations In Computing Year 2 Fundamentals Of Gameplay Programming Fundamentals Of Mathematics And Computer Architectures Game Design Theory Programming 2D Games Year 3 3D Game Development Advanced Game Design Theory Object Oriented Scripting Python Programming Year 4 Placement Year Final year Advanced Games Console Projects Mobile Game Scripting Project (Technical Computing) Elective modules Artificial Intelligence In Games Machine Learning Algorithms And Heuristics Mobile Applications Programming "Things" Virtual And Augmented Reality Applications
Coursework Exams Practicals
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 or over at the point of enrolment.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent.|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533