Reliable and efficient software systems are vitally important to businesses in every walk of life, including safety-critical applications in areas as diverse as medicine, aerospace and defence. The demand for qualified software engineers is growing rapidly, both in the development and maintenance of existing systems and in the design and implementation of new software. If programming is your passion, then this course will enable you to develop your interest to the full. You’ll graduate with the precise combination of skills required to design and develop robust, efficient, high quality software. Why study Software Engineering at Nottingham Trent University?
- We’ve got an excellent employability record. Over 96% of NTU graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving.
- We are in the top 20 for student satisfaction in Software Engineering (National Student Survey 2020)
- We’re in the top 10 universities for Software Engineering students on sandwich courses. All courses offer the opportunity to get work experience giving you the real-life experience employers are looking for. Recent placements include Vauxhall, Walt Disney, IBM, Rolls Royce and Microsoft.
- We’re delivering research with impact – our Computing and Technology staff contribute to research activity in a number of areas. NTU has been awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for research – the highest award achievable.
- We provide innovative courses. We hold accreditations from the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, guaranteeing that our courses are relevant to industry.
- We have inspiring learning environments. You’ll also have access to specialist centres which have facilities including games console labs, networking and security labs, human-interactive technology and stereo-projection.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2022.
If you already have a 2022 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Clifton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Applicant Enquiries Team
+44(0)115 848 4200
+44 (0) 115 848 4200