University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Football is a global economic, social and sporting phenomenon. With the English Premier League alone watched by over 170 million people in 200 countries worldwide, new opportunities are consistently presenting themselves in this expanding international industry. Through a selection of practical and business-oriented modules, this course will equip you with both the football expertise and the management ability required for a successful career in the football industry. With a broad and multi-disciplinary approach, you will develop a clear understanding of football's place within wider social, economic and cultural contexts, both in the UK and worldwide. Key features
- This foundation degree is linked to Kidderminster Harriers Football Club, and may present opportunities to play reserve team football
- The coach education programme allows you to gain coaching awards whilst you study
- Excellent industry links and collaborative partnerships provide invaluable real-world experience and insight through work-based learning activities
- This is a University of Worcester validated course delivered at Birmingham Metropolitan College, Stourbridge Campus Centre of Sporting Excellence
- Progression on to further study via a linked top-up degree at the University of Worcester, or in to employment in the football and sport industry
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Birmingham Metropolitan College (Stourbridge College)|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||72 points||GCSE Maths and English Language at Grade C/4 or above also required.|
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page