Overview Football is a global economic, social and sporting phenomenon. With the English Premier League alone watched by over 170 million people in 200 countries worldwide, new opportunities are consistently presenting themselves in this expanding international industry. Through a selection of practical and business-oriented modules, this course will equip you with both the football expertise and the management ability required for a successful career in the football industry. With a broad and multi-disciplinary approach, you will develop a clear understanding of football's place within wider social, economic and cultural contexts, both in the UK and worldwide. This is a University of Worcester validated course delivered by Kidderminster College at the Centre of Sporting Excellence campus in Kidderminster. Key features
- This foundation degree is linked to Kidderminster Harriers Football Club and provides an opportunity to train full-time and represent the club in their U19, U21 or U23 teams.
- The coach education programme allows you to gain coaching awards whilst you study
- Excellent industry links and collaborative partnerships provide invaluable real-world experience and insight through work-based learning activities
- This is a University of Worcester validated course delivered by Kidderminster College at the Centre of Sporting Excellence campus in Kidderminster.
- Progression on to further study via a linked top-up degree at the University of Worcester, or in to employment in the football and sport industry
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Kidderminster College
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.