Looking to become a Building Surveyor? Our BSc (Hons) Building Surveying with Foundation year degree. matches the needs of industry, based on real-life building practice, building pathology, construction technology, and the legal framework for industry, risk management and building surveying practice. Much of your learning will be hands-on, you’ll carry out survey work using a range of equipment and you will also be provided with the latest CAD software. The course is founded on the core competencies of the Building Surveying profession, preparing you to pursue your journey to full professional chartership. The Foundation Year course option enables you to study for our BSc (Hons) degree over an extended full-time duration of four years by including a Foundation Certificate (year one of four). The Foundation Certificate provides a broad study programme that underpins the follow-on degree. In order to progress to the next year of your degree, it is necessary to achieve a pass in all of the modules of the Foundation Certificate. What's covered in the course? The course not only encompasses the conservation, repurposing and adaptation of the existing built environment, but also embraces innovation, preparing you to contribute to the success of the profession and supporting the development of a sustainable society for the twenty-first century and beyond. During this course, you will develop a range of academic and technical skills relevant to the building surveying profession. As in industry itself, this course demands a broad range of technical and creative skills. We focus on the core technical knowledge, such as building pathology, construction technology and sustainability, as well as the legal framework knowledge required for a career in building surveying. As the industry changes and adopts new approaches, by working with our industry partners gives you the opportunity to learn about the innovative changes impacting the industry today. The course aims to produce building surveyors with a well-rounded ability to mix technical, creative and business skills, ready to join an equally fast-moving built environment. You will therefore be industry-ready and can look forward to a fulfilling and enjoyable career as a building surveyor. Why Choose Us?
- Accredited course - Accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- A leading provider - We are ranked 6th in the UK for courses in Land and Property Management (The Complete University Guide, 2020).
- Industrial placement year option - Gain desirable employability skills and work experience with the option of an industrial placement year, that will take place between your second and final year of the course.
- Site visits and industry talks - These opportunities enhance your learning experience and help explain how to gain employment within the built environment world.
- Scholarships - You might be eligible for grant funding of up to £9,500 towards your degree, through the Built Environment Scholarship. You may also be able to gain funding through our travel scholarship scheme.
- State-of-the-art facilities - You will be based at our Millennium Point campus in City Centre, where our facilities have undergone a £6.5 million investment to provide you with the very best learning experience.
- Flexible course - this course is available to be studied full-time or part-time to suit you.
- We are an Autodesk Training Centre (ATC) -This national and international recognition will give you access to on-campus training by certified Autodesk instructors, providing you with digital skills that will be highly sought after by employers. Autodesk applications play an important part in supporting the digital transformation of Architecture, Engineering and Construction.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Millennium Point Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|