With its strong focus on employability, your experience on this course equips you with the skills and knowledge you need to pursue an exciting career in the construction industry. It teaches you to work effectively with different construction professionals, whether that be designers, engineers, building contractors or specialist consultants. This ability is important in an industry that demands an integrated approach to building projects. The course covers the full lifecycle of buildings from the design, planning and contracting of projects to client handover - and even on from there, to a building’s end of life. You work on real-life scenarios and case studies, and learn from a teaching team with a wealth of industry experience and close collaborative relationships within industry, including both regional and national employers. Key industry bodies predict a huge demand for construction professionals in the near future. This Foundation degree is designed to deliver industry-ready individuals able to fill any skills gap and take up roles across different sectors, disciplines and projects. The construction industry is one of the UK’s main economic drivers, and contributes around 10% to the country’s GDP. This course will help you develop the high-level management skills that are in demand by the industry, and give you the opportunity to learn about the latest techniques, materials and supply chain processes. You will also study the government policies and regulations that relate to the industry, and receive a thorough grounding in contract, procurement and risk management. We offer a range of teaching and learning methods, including work-based learning projects which will enable you to gain the experience required for employment and develop a portfolio of work. You will also have the opportunity to attend exhibitions and seminars arranged and presented by experts. Why choose this course
- The teaching team’s expertise and contacts bring the latest developments, techniques and technologies into the taught curriculum
- Benefit from specialist presentations and seminars from industry experts including project managers and directors; civil engineers; local authority planners and construction professionals; government agency representatives; professional bodies; and past Bedfordshire Construction graduates who have progressed into senior positions in the industry
- Gain experience of real building projects on site visits, which have recently included visits to individual projects worth over £1bn
- You can apply for a Foundation degree even if you don’t have traditional academic qualifications; we welcome applicants with relevant work experience
- Successful completion of this Foundation degree automatically qualifies you for registration on our BSc (Hons) Construction Management (Top-up), where you can top up to a full honours degree
Areas of study include:
- Academic and Computer Skills, Health and Safety
- Introduction to Construction Economics
- Project Development and Building Control
- Sustainability, Environment and Construction Technology
- Work Based Learning A - Construction Management and Surveying for Construction
- Building Services and Project Management
- Building Technology
- Construction Contracts, Measurements and Processes
- Human Resource Management and Career Development
- Work Based Learning A - Managing People and Projects
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Building Engineers, Chartered Association of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We are happy to consider applicants with alternative qualifications and/or work experience. If you would like to check if your qualifications will be accepted please contact the Admissions Team.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course