Study accounting and finance on this accredited course. You'll develop the practical knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in accounting, finance and business. This course will equip you with a deep understanding of accounting and finance and their importance for organisations and businesses. As part of this course, you’ll:
- Develop the key skills and abilities to make an effective contribution to the financial management of organisations now and in the future
- Construct and analyse financial statements and financial information using a range of techniques and electronic tools
- Learn to describe and comment on accounting and finance research using data and methodologies
- Tailor your studies by choosing modules to suit your interests and future career direction
- Undertake a business simulation project to apply your knowledge and skills
- Specialise in accountancy or gain a wider perspective on business
- Have access to guest lectures so you can learn from our business links and industry professionals
- The NHS
- 94% of students on BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance were positive about the way teaching staff explain things*
- Industry-standard technology available to help you become a work-ready graduate
- Links with professional regulating bodies and financial professional institutions will ensure your learning meets the standards demanded by employers
- Optional industry placement, which will broaden your real-life work experience and impress potential employers
- 91.9% of graduates in work or further study 15 months after graduation**
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Introduction to Accounting
- Business Context
- Corporate & Business Law
- Introduction to Financial Statements
- Management Accounting
- Data Analysis for Finance
- Financial Management
- Intermediate Management Accounting
- Dealing with Accounting Adjustments
- Skills for Accountants
- Producing & Interpreting Group Financial Statements
- Strategic Planning & Control
- Advanced Financial Management
- Accounting Issues
- Audit & Assurance
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|