A law degree is a demanding but valuable qualification which will provide you with a range of skills which will equip you for a legal career or a career in a range of professional environments. The LLB Law with Financial Management offers the added opportunity to study key skills in financial management which will enhance your studies and your prospects particularly if you are interested in the commercial law sector. You will gain in-depth knowledge of the legal subjects which are a requirement of a qualifying law degree, whilst also being exposed to the latest developments in the field of financial management. Through the study of specialised financial management units, you will learn how to use real-time financial data and will develop an understanding of the principles that underlie the preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial information. During your course you will have access to an impressive number of online resources, including Lexis, Westlaw and HeinOnline for legal research and financial databases such as FAME, Reuters Eikon and MarketLine that you can use to identify financial information of companies in the UK and worldwide. Why choose this course?
- In class teaching is supported by a range of fantastic extra-curricular opportunities including our Law clinic, our award winning Refugee Legal Aid Clinic and our fantastic mooting debate programme.
- Qualifying law degree (QLD) accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and the Bar Standards Board (BSB)
- Access to the FAME database containing the financial information of about 11 million companies in the UK
- Participate in our award-winning extracurricular activities, including the Law Clinic and the Refugee Legal Assistance Project
- Final year dissertation project allows you to further your knowledge and understanding of a key area which interests you
- Contract Law (LAW007-1) Compulsory
- Criminal Law (LAW003-1) Compulsory
- Introduction To Accounting And Finance (AAF005-1) Compulsory
- Introduction To Legal Practice In The English Legal System (LAW010-1) Compulsory
- Constitutional And Administrative Law (LAW019-2) Compulsory
- Financial Markets: Theory And Practice (AAF031-2) Compulsory
- Land Law (LAW001-2) Compulsory
- Law Of Tort (LAW002-2) Compulsory
- Dissertation (LAW008-3) Compulsory
- Equity And Trusts (LAW001-3) Compulsory
- Financial Management (AAF002-3) Compulsory
- Institutions Of The European Union And Judicial Protection (LAW016-3) Compulsory
- Substantive Law Of The European Union And Human Rights (LAW017-3) Compulsory
The LLB Law with Financial Management programme has been carefully designed to develop a wide range of academic, legal and practical skills via a varied portfolio of assessment methods. A developing range of assessments will enable you to grow in confidence and demonstrate your acquisition of knowledge and skills. The assessment methods used across the course include:
- Written assignments - these may vary from essays and reports to more in-depth research work on broader topics. These assessments will test your ability to analyse an issue, to conduct research, to collect relevant materials, to assess the quality of the materials and to synthesise them into a scholarly answer.
- Examinations: These will cover a range of multiple choice examinations through to in-class tests and essay-based exams. The aim of exams is to test your ability to convey your understanding of a topic and to demonstrate your skills of analysis and evaluation in a time sensitive manner.
- Oral presentations that demonstrate verbal and presentational skills in communicating information to others. Moot presentations will test your ability to carry out research and present your findings in a persuasive and authoritative manner. They will also introduce the practical skills of court etiquette and procedure. Problem questions and case studies will allow you to apply your legal or financial knowledge to a -real life scenario.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Bar Standards Board
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course