Our BA (Hons) in Business & Management prepares students for the challenges of the modern business world and strengthens and develops their broader personal and professional skills. Students will:
- Gain a broad insight into the world of business and management from academics and industry professionals with a wealth of experience.
- Study modules designed with an emphasis on international, contemporary and practical business issues to ensure graduates are ready for the job market.
- Acquire the knowledge and abilities not only to become an effective business manager but also the entrepreneurialism to develop their own business.
- Gain an understanding of management, business operations, corporate strategy, business law and human resources.
- Undertake a work placement to gain practical work experience.
- Upon graduating also achieve a Level 5 Diploma/Certificate in Leadership & Management from the Chartered Management Institute worth over £1,300 at no extra cost.
- Study a course where 93.1% of graduates are in paid work or study 15 months after graduating* * WGU analysis of unpublished data.
- The Business School has excellent links with professional bodies and business experts who enhance our teaching with guest lectures.
- Work placement opportunities are available to all of our students who demonstrate a good standard of engagement and professionalism during their studies.
- All students gain first-hand experience of applying their knowledge as they work with real businesses on relevant projects.
- This degree is accredited by the CMI, all our graduating students will also receive a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management from the CMI worth over £1,300 at no additional expense.
- 93.1% of graduates of this course are in paid work or study*
At Level 4, students will take several introductory topics in management & business, finance, HRM, marketing and analytics. As students progress onto Level 5 and 6, they will gain an understanding of customer service, digital business, agile leadership, managing corporate risk, strategy and international human resources, as well as having an option to take an industrial placement that will significantly enhance your CV and employment prospects. A dissertation is embedded in the final part of their studies to give all our students the ability to develop their research skills. YEAR 1 (LEVEL 4) MODULES Introduction to Management & Business Introduction to Business Finance & Accounting Human Resource Management in Context Marketing Essentials Business Communication Skills Business Analytics YEAR 2 (LEVEL 5) MODULES Sustainable Planning and Development International Business and Trade Managing Corporate Risk and Crime Digital Business Strategy Customer Service Excellence Agile Leadership Optional Industrial Placement year YEAR 3 (LEVEL 6) MODULES Strategic Marketing Strategic Management International HRM Employment Law Dissertation The information listed in this section is an overview of the academic content of the programme that will take the form of either core or option modules. Modules are designated as core or option in accordance with professional body requirements and internal academic framework review, so may be subject to change.
Students are assessed in a variety of ways over the course of their undergraduate studies. The balance between the different forms of assessment is determined by the different aims and learning outcomes of the core and option modules. Assessment methods include academic essays, presentations, reports, simulation exercises and examinations. TEACHING AND LEARNING Teaching methods include workshop-based core skills modules, lectures by practitioners, student-led seminars and guided research. Independent learning is an important aspect of all modules, as it enables students to develop both their subject specific and key skills. Independent learning is promoted through the feedback given to students, which takes several forms including small group and one-to-one discussions. Wrexham Glyndŵr University is committed to supporting our students to maximise their academic potential. We offer workshops and support sessions in areas such as academic writing, effective note-making and preparing for assignments. Students can book appointments with academic skills tutors dedicated to helping them deal with the practicalities of university work. Our student support section has more information on the help available. In terms of particular needs, the University’s Inclusion Services can provide appropriate guidance and support should any students require reasonable adjustments to be made because of a recognised prevailing disability, medical condition, or specific learning difference.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Wrexham (Main Campus)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
If you require a Student Visa (formerly referred to as Tier 4 visa) to study in the UK, please apply through Centurus at https://centurusone.com/apply/1111.
Wrexham Glyndwr University takes into account a variety of qualifications and experience when considering applications to our programmes. If you are unsure if the qualifications you currently hold will be accepted for entry, or if you're not sure you'll achieve the required UCAS Tariff points, please contact us at [email protected] for further advice and guidance.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Glyndwr University, Wrexham
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Admissions and Enquiries