Education and English Literature explores a diverse range of literary works from different cultures and historical periods while also showing how professionals operate in the education sector, from policy making to teaching. You will investigate the historical evolution and contemporary challenges of education, and explore the relationship between literature and society, looking at issues such as decolonisation, the environment, and gender and sexuality. This programme aims to equip you with the ability to critically analyse and communicate effectively, building valuable skills for a career in education, teaching or related fields. Why choose this course?
- No. 1 in the UK. Britain's best university, ranked by students (Student Crowd University Awards, 2022)
- Global Top 300 for Education (Times Higher Education World University Subject Rankings, 2023)
- Become a skilled analyst of literature of all kinds, from poetry to graphic novels to political speeches
- Develop your critical thinking and communication skills to enhance your career prospects
- Opportunity to apply for an International Year at a university across the globe and explore diverse cultures
For a list of indicative modules please visit the course page on the Keele University website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please see our website for our full range of entry requirements
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course