Why International Business? Business is becoming truly global. The internet and instant communications mean that even small businesses can now reach an international market. Factors like transformational technology and globalisation mean businesses are competing globally. To succeed in this interconnected world, you need to understand the global factors driving business today. This course offers an internationally focused program which allows you to understand and act on the global challenges and opportunities faced by both advanced economies as well as emerging and high-growth countries.It also helps develop your cross-cultural skills and prepares you to work in an international business environment. Businesses are constantly looking for graduates with the right mix of talent and have a good understanding of these challenge and are able to provide solutions that contribute to the businesses future prosperity. How will you learn? You will learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- The course is designed to equip you with a broad overview of how the commercial world operates.
- We aim to provide you with a detailed understanding of how businesses develop successful strategies through relevant analytical and evaluation techniques.
- You’ll receive a solid introduction to international business, entrepreneurship, strategic management and environmental management to help give you a firm understanding that can be applied in any sector or industry.
- You'll also look at everything from marketing and finance through to operations and information systems. We’ll also study how companies operate, looking at both small businesses and large companies.
- That’s why we’ll give you the chance to pick up some very desirable skills including analysis and evaluation techniques along with how to think creatively.
- During your studies we’ll give you the opportunity to undertake a placement with a business, either in the UK or abroad. Previous students have gained experience with businesses such as Hewlett Packard, Lloyds Banking Group, ASDA, Coop Group, Cummins, L’Oreal, Virgin Media and Agricultural Bank of China.
Year 1 Core modules: Personal and Academic Development (I) Understanding Global Dynamics Understanding Business Analytics Understanding Organisational Behaviour Understanding Markets and Consumers Year 2 Core modules: Personal and Academic Development 2 Business Research Skills Business Creation and Development International Business Operations Management Option modules: Choose one from a list which may include: Advanced Organisational Behaviour Data Visualisation Modern Language: Two options from a variety of modern foreign language modules can be chosen from the available range and entry levels appropriate to the student’s prior experience and knowledge. We currently offer French, German and Spanish. Year 3 (optional placement year) Final year Core modules: Personal and Academic Development 3 Strategy and Business Transformation Responsible Business Managing Across Cultures Option modules: Choose two from a list which may include: Social Entrepreneurship E-Commerce Digital And Social Media Marketing People Resourcing Or you may choose to do a Business and Management Dissertation: Management Dissertation
Study and assessments will be based on your choice of modules. Your module specification/course handbook will provide full details of the assessment criteria applying to your course.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages - https://www.hud.ac.uk/international/where-are-you-from/ Other suitable experience or qualifications will be considered. For further information please see the University's minimum entry requirements.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Please see our website for full details of the scholarship http://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-finance/undergraduate-scholarships/
University of Huddersfield
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Huddersfield Business School - Admissions
+44 (0)1484 472956
Student Recruitment Team
+44 (0)1484 472625