**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary:
- Gain hands-on experience of practical electrical and electronic engineering work.
- Develop your skills in specialist laboratories and workshops.
- Gain real-world experience with well-known companies.
- lectures, tutorials and practical sessions
- project work
- a group project
- electrical engineering
- junior field service engineering
- project engineering
- controls engineering
- plant management
- senior quality engineering
- British Steel
- TBG Solutions
- Core Control Solutions
- the NHS
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. Year 1 - Compulsory modules Analogue Electronic Engineering Digital Electronic Engineering Electrical Engineering Principles Engineering Mathematics Introduction To Programming Professional Engineering Practice Year 2 - Compulsory modules Analogue And Digital Electronics Communication Systems And Computer Networks Control And Instrumentation Electrical Power And Machines Embedded Systems Design Professional Practice Year 3 - Optional modules Placement Year Final year - Compulsory modules Electrical Systems And Sustainable Energy Electronic Systems Individual Project Elective modules Control Systems And Their Applications Embedded Computer Networks Power Electronics And Drives V.L.S.I. Design
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Engineering and Technology, Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
• Foundation - pass from our Extended Degree Programme Engineering and Mathematics, depending on academic performance We will make an offer to all applicants who are likely to achieve or better these entry requirements. We welcome applications from people of any age. We may be flexible in our normal offer if you can show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience. This must show that you will benefit from and finish the course successfully. Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 or over at the point of enrolment.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Please note that the information provided on this web page relates to 2022 courses and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent.|
If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533