What makes a top-flight sports coach or fitness instructor? This certificate investigates the factors that contribute to success, and gives you an in-depth knowledge of how the sector works. Focusing on the needs of participants or clients, you’ll explore training, nutrition, motivation and leadership; and increase your effectiveness and skills in these areas. As you study, you’ll always come back to what matters most: applying theory to practice. Key features of the course
- Offers flexible learning that fits around your sport, fitness and work commitments
- Demonstrates a strong applied focus through the extensive use of audiovisual case studies
- Uses innovative technology such as augmented reality to enhance your learning
- Enables you to gain Register of Exercise Professions CPD points throughout your study
- Builds a solid foundation for further study
- Registration is expected to open in March 2020 for courses starting from October 2020.
This qualification has one stage, comprising 120 credits. In Stage 1, you’ll study two modules that will introduce you to sport and fitness within the industry.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
You do not need experience of working in sport and fitness prior to starting your studies, but you’ll find the modules and assignments much easier and more fulfilling if you can draw on employment experience (paid or unpaid) in the sector during your study.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£2064||Whole course|