University of Greenwich has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Study a Computer Science degree for the skills to pursue careers as Computer Science professionals specialising in Data Science. Study in London. Read more. Throughout this Computer Science degree, you will develop a firm grasp of the science underpinning computer and software systems. The modules you can study as part of this degree include Statistical Techniques with R, Information Visualisation and Big Data and Machine Learning. You will gain practical experience of developing systems using the latest technologies and techniques, plus exposure to the latest trends that will shape the future of computer science. By the end of the course, you will be equipped to work independently and to develop and adapt your skills throughout your future career. What you should know about this course
- You will learn the core algorithms underpinning data processing and develop analytical skills with statistical technologies to create solutions and applications in big data.
- Gain valuable skills and the ability to design intricate algorithms and visualisations from large unstructured data.
- Elicit, analyse, and specify requirements and master the mathematical and analytical foundations underpinning data.
- This course is accredited by The British Computer Society (BCS), the Chartered Institute for Information Technology. On completion, you are entitled to registration as a Chartered Information Technology Professional (CITP). The course also meets academic requirements towards Chartered Engineering (C.Eng) status. Chartered Engineers are degree qualified from accredited institutions and have gained professional competencies through career development and progression. By professional review, candidates can register with the Engineering Council as a Chartered Engineer.
All degree courses are made up of modules – individual units of study on different topics. Some modules are compulsory; others can be chosen from a list of options. Our website has full details of your degree structures, module content, and how each module is assessed. The direct link to this course on our website, can be found at the bottom of this page.
On this course, students are assessed by take-home exams, coursework and practice assessments on campus where required. Each course has formal assessments which count towards your grade. Some courses may also include 'practice' assessments, which help you monitor progress and do not count towards your final grade.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We also accept UCAS points from alternative Level 3 qualifications including: BTEC Nationals, the International Baccalaureate and Scottish and Irish Highers. We also consider equivalent qualifications in English and Maths at Level 2, in place of GCSEs.
English language requirements
For more information about our English Language Requirements, please click on the following link.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
020 8331 9000