Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary:
- Combine taught modules with an extended research project in a professional lab.
- Learn to obtain and interpret analytical information using a variety of products.
- Apply experimental design techniques and use statistical methods for data evaluation.
- Attain a solid grounding in laboratory quality management.
- Operate industry-standard analytical lab instruments.
- lectures and seminars
- workshops and tutorials
- laboratory classes
- an extended research project
- working in a professional laboratory
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Compulsory modules: Applied Laboratory Practice Extended Research Project Separation And Detection Science The Analytical Approach Elective modules Advanced Organic Spectroscopy Fundamentals Of Mass Spectrometry Surface Analysis And Related Techniques
A 2:1 in a relevant Honours degree is normally accepted as the entry requirement for the course. Applicants with a 2:2 are also actively encouraged to apply and will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants with alternative qualifications with academic attainment or skills in subjects which are directly relevant to the course will also be considered. To be successful on this course, you must have relevant practical laboratory experience. Details of your laboratory experience must be specifically detailed in your personal statement and verified by one of your referees. If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course