This course has been designed to prepare you for a career as a chartered quantity surveyor. You'll gain a broad and sound understanding of the scientific, technological, professional, and legal and management skills related to key areas of quantity surveying.
- ACCREDITATION: This course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- WORK EXPERIENCE: We offer a year industrial placement which will take place between the second and final year of your degree. There is a range of support available for students who are looking to enhance their employability whilst studying including internships, placements and graduate roles.
- IMPORTANT INDUSTRY PARTNERSHIPS: This course is developed in close collaboration with employers, and is aligned to professional practice in the construction industry. Our strong industrial links will ensure that your studies are technologically relevant and that you acquire all the knowledge and abilities you need to practise as a quantity surveyor.
- LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES: You will learn through group work, individual assignments, lectures, seminars, site visits, field studies and site/building surveys. All of these methods and experiences will ensure you graduate with the skills and knowledge required for a successful career in the future.
- EXPERT TEACHING: You'll be taught by an experienced teaching team who are highly knowledgable in this field, ensuring you are taught to a high professional standard.
- Develop a broad and sound understanding of the scientific, technological, professional, legal and management skills related to key areas of quantity surveying. You'll study a range of modules such as Construction Materials Technology, Environmental Design and Services, CAD and Mathematic for Construction, Law and Construction Contracts, Advanced Quantity Surveying, and Construction Risk Management.
- You'll be assessed through computer workshops, surveying field work, group work and individual assignments and examinations. Assessment of your project work will be undertaken on a continuous basis, involving either individual or group assessments. Assessment of group work may entail an element of peer group review which will contribute to your overall performance.
- This degree will put you on the path to senior positions in the construction industry. You'll gain the ideal preparation for a demanding, responsible and rewarding career as a chartered quantity surveyor. Highly sought after due to their financial and business acumen, quantity surveyors often hold very senior positions in industry, local government and central government. You will find that career opportunities also exist in a number of related fields, including the built environment, civil and heavy engineering and the offshore and petrochemical industries.
- This course is available with a Foundation Year option.
- This course is available with an Industrial Placement Year.
How to apply
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
Republic of Ireland
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|