The professionally-accredited BSc (Hons) Psychology at Liverpool John Moores University is informed by internationally important research and taught by experts in the field.
- Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Opportunity to undertake a 10-hour (minimum) work placement in your second year
- Excellent spring board into careers as diverse as teaching, the police, media, management, counselling, clinical, educational, occupational and health psychology
- State-of-the-art facilities including a driving simulator and human performance lab
- Fascinating range of topics ranging from psycho-social problems and drug use to understanding the criminal mind and the functions of the brain
- This degree is available to study following a foundation year
- International Foundation Year course available offering direct progression onto this degree programme - visit LJMU's International Study Centre to find out more
Please visit the Liverpool John Moores University website for detailed module information.
Assessment varies depending on the modules you choose. All students perform differently depending on how they are assessed, which is why we use a combination of assessment methods. These include exams (seen/unseen, multiple choice tests, short answer questions), written work (essays), individual verbal presentations, practical/lab reports, a placement report, a poster display and a dissertation. Final year option modules vary in assessment from 100% course work to 100% exams. You will receive feedback on your coursework within three weeks of submitting it and your personal tutor will give constructive advice and discuss any issues with you.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- British Psychological Society
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Prior to starting the programme applicants must have obtained grade 4 or grade C or above in English Language and Mathematics GCSE or • Key Skills Level 2 in English/ Maths • NVQ Level 2 Functional skills in Maths and English Writing and or Reading • Skills for Life Level 2 in Numeracy/English • Higher Diploma in Maths/ English • Functional skills level 2 in Maths/ English
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.