This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School, an accreditation attained by fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide. It recognises our focus on excellence in all areas, including teaching and student learning. Why study BA (Hons) Business & Management (Top-up) at BU?
- Offers you the advantage of the opportunity to obtain Honours degree-level proficiency in just one year of study
- An ideal choice if you are looking for a degree that builds on your previous study and offers the completion of an Honours degree
- Forms a solid basis for successful career planning as well as providing a stepping stone to future postgraduate studies
- Tailor your studies to suit your career aspirations with option units that you choose yourself
- You don’t need to have studied your Foundation degree at BU in order to apply for one of our Top-up degrees, and continuing your studies with BU will give you access to all of our outstanding facilities
- Study at a university with over 35 years’ teaching experience in this area, excellent industry connections and an international reputation.
- Within fifteen months of graduating, 95% of students on our Business & Management courses are in employment or further study.
You will study a range of core units including Research in Business & Management, Organisational Leadership as well as one core unit out of the following: Research Project, Reflective Practitioner Project, Consultancy Project, Entrepreneurship Project. And you will choose two option units to further enhance your knowledge and understanding.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- AACSB International
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff. Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship in a relevant subject area and is recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Deferred entry: We are happy to consider eligible applicants for deferred entry. If you have already submitted your application, you can request a deferral by contacting our Admissions Team. Direct entry: We welcome applications from students who have previously studied at degree level at other institutions and wish to transfer onto a BU course. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables credit awarded from one institution to contribute to a BU award, subject to an application process. Please contact our Future Students Enquiry Team for more information. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first languge, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading or equivalent.|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|