You’ll develop an expert technical knowledge, while being encouraged to think creatively about design problems. This course integrates technology, arts, market awareness and the skills needed to use advanced product development tools. Why study BSc (Hons) Design Engineering at BU?
- Use the latest solid modelling, rendering and product simulation tools to create and evaluate your own designs
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the engineering principles underlying the product development process.
- Access to cutting-edge facilities in our Innovation Centre including 3D scanners and printers, modern manufacturing & technical workshops and prototyping facilities
- Spend your third year on a work placement, gaining at least 30 weeks experience in a relevant industry
- Display your design project in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering
- This course is ranked 9th in its subject area according to the 2022 Guardian League Tables and received an impressive 95% of our graduates in employment or further education after 15 months (source Discoveruni 2023).
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic Study Skills for Engineering and Technology | Introduction to Computers | Mathematics for Engineering and Technology | Introduction to Engineering Science | Introduction to Computer-Aided Design Tools | Foundation Year Engineering and Technology Project. You will also be able to take an optional work placement.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Engineering Designers, Institution of
- Mechanical Engineers, Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|