Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information Course summary
- Become a professional chemical engineer from day one.
- Learn by completing applied and industry-led projects from the very start.
- Explore mass and energy balances, thermodynamics, process safety and reaction engineering.
- Engage in sustainability-related projects such as hydrogen and carbon capture.
- Gain hands-on practical and lab skills to support your technical understanding.
- Prepare for the full degree with an extra foundation year at the start.
- Diverse lectures emphasising peer collaboration.
- Tutorials to practise and apply your knowledge ahead of assessments.
- Hands-on lab experience including computational modelling and simulation.
- Q&A and discussions for self-assessment and understanding.
- Support sessions for receiving feedback and preparing for assessments.
- Teamwork activities for collaboration in an innovative environment.
- Project-based learning to apply knowledge, creativity, design, critical analysis and professional skills to real-world projects.
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 - Compulsory modules Engineering And Mathematics In Practice Foundation Mathematics, Mechanics And Electronics 1 Foundation Mathematics, Mechanics And Electronics 2 Fundamentals Of Materials And Manufacturing Year 2 - Compulsory modules Chemical Engineering Fundamentals Chemical Engineering Mathematics Chemistry, Materials And Employability For Chemical Engineers Practical Chemical Engineering Year 3 - Compulsory modules Chemical Engineering Principles Chemical Reaction Engineering & Thermodynamics Process Modelling And Control Sustainable Chemical Engineering Year 4 - Optional modules Placement Year Final year - Compulsory modules Individual Design Project Particle Processing And Applications Reactor Design Sustainable Design Project
Coursework, Exam, Practical
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Some applicants may be invited to attend an informal interview with the course leader to ensure that the programme is suitable for themselves and their aspirations.
Please note that this information is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent.
If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.