Bournemouth University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Become a sports coach who changes people’s lives. With focus on coaching practice, sport psychology, and coaching sciences, this degree will give you the skills to evaluate sport coaching contexts and influence ethical and sustainable coaching practice. Why study BSc (Hons) Sport Coaching at BU?
- Placement opportunities can give you practical hands-on experience as well as a fantastic chance to make professional connections
- Study abroad at one of our many partner institutions in Europe and the US
- Optional alternative to final year dissertation project – a research expedition conducting in-depth research on the needs and responses of people completing a UK-based endurance event
- Get involved in various extra-curricular opportunities: our sport and events volunteering programme (RELAYS), workshops, conferences, industry visits, field trips, volunteering, guest speakers and more
- We have strong links with some of the biggest names in the sports industry to inform our teaching and provide placement opportunities
- 92% of graduates felt academic staff on this course were good at explaining things (National Student Survey 2019/20).
Key areas of study include: Beginning Research in Sport & Exercise; Coaching Principles & Practice; Sport, Culture & Society; Principles of Sport & Exercise Psychology; Fitness Assessments for Sport Exercise & Health; Principles of Sport Management; Conducting Research in Sport & Exercise; Developing Coaching Practice; Coach & Athlete Welfare
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 4
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff. Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Deferred entry: We are happy to consider eligible applicants for deferred entry. If you have already submitted your application, you can request a deferral by contacting our Admissions Team. Direct entry: We welcome applications from students who have previously studied at degree level at other institutions and wish to transfer onto a BU course. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables credit awarded from one institution to contribute to a BU award, subject to an application process. Please contact our Future Students Enquiry Team for more information. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component or equivalent.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|