Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI), ubiquitous sensing and wearable technologies have rapidly led to their adoption in digital healthcare. Hospitals and healthcare industries are using AI to provide effective and smart solutions for patients care. Why study MSc Digital Health and Artificial Intelligence at BU?
- Innovative AI-based solutions enable more performing diseases diagnoses, personalised treatment plans, together with advanced assistive technologies, for sustainable patients health monitoring and tailored response to their care
- Graduate as an AI specialist in the area of digital health – you’ll understand the challenges in designing and deploying AI-driven digital health products in an industry where regulation, responsibility and legal implications are of paramount importance
- Capture the requirements for adopting AI solutions to digital healthcare, with assurances of their ethical, safe and effective deployments
- Develop a strong technical understanding of digital healthcare technologies combined with AI - essential in advancing 21st-century digital healthcare in the years to come
- Tailor your learning towards the areas that interest you, with option units covering topics such as neuronal analysis, smart systems, computer vision and Blockchain.
- Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI), ubiquitous sensing and wearable technologies have led to their increased adoption in digital healthcare. Companies are increasingly adopting AI to provide smart solutions for patients’ hospital and home care.
Core units - Research Methods & Professional Issues; Foundations of Health Information Systems; Artificial Intelligence; Accessibility & Assistive Technology; Individual Masters Project. Option units (choose two) - Neuronal Analysis; Blockchain & Digital Futures; Persuasive Technology & Behaviour Change; Smart Systems; Computer Vision.
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject: Computing, Technology, Maths, Physics, Engineering, Data sciences or Data analytics. If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9000||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact detailsMake an enquiry
Future Students Enquiry Team
+44 (0)1202 966777
From Tuesday 4 July: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30. Thursday 17 August: Lines are open 07:00-20:00. Friday 18 August: Lines are open 08:00-18:00. Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August: Lines are open 10:00-15:00. From Monday 21 August: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30.