The BSc Creative Robotics course is an exciting mix of robotics and creative practice set in the context of a world-renowned creative university. The course combines machine learning, physical computing and robotics with a strong emphasis on creative applications and critical perspectives on ethics and impact of robotics in society. You will acquire a contemporary set of applied robotic skills. These include robotics coding using languages such as Python, C++, and dominant robotic industry open development frameworks such as ROS, MoveIt and Unity. Furthermore, you will challenge accepted norms around the role robots play in our everyday lives. You will learn to design and build creative robotics including constructing machines that make music and art. You will learn how to use mechanics, electronics and computing intelligence to build a variety of robots such as soft robotics, non-humanoid, humanoid and evolutionary robots. You will explore how critical theory, philosophy, neuroscience and cognitive science have influenced the design of a robot’s body and mind in tandem. What to expect
- Learn robotics and electronics skills sought after in industry: Creative roboticists are highly sought after due to their ability to translate creative direction into robotic design.
- Critical engagement with technology: Engagement with creative robotics practice and critical theory, will build your ability to self-reflect and think critically about your role in shaping the world.
- A material understanding of robotic technologies: Develop an appreciation of robotics in both a technical and cultural sense. This will enable you to challenge dominant ways of deploying robotics and explore cultural biases.
- Interdisciplinary teaching: You’ll be exposed to different modes of learning and develop a solid understanding of robotics technologies through a creative lens.
How to apply
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
Republic of Ireland
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Creative Computing Institute, University of the Arts London
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland