This degree explores the multiple disciplines needed to understand, manage and protect our planet. Assess environmental problems, propose solutions, and gain a comprehensive understanding of the natural environment. You’ll study topics, including conservation, ecology, ecosystems, environmental management and renewable energy. Develop your scientific and technical knowledge and skills, and learn how to apply them to environmental challenges like climate change, biodiversity loss, and sustainability. As a valued environmental science graduate, you’ll be able to pursue a career in a diverse range of fields. Key features of the course
- Accredited by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) and the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES).
- Develop your scientific, interpretive and creative-thinking skills.
- Investigate the complexities of the natural environment and our relationship with it.
- Explore the problems we face with sustainable living.
- Acquire fieldwork skills, typically at two residential schools.
- Follow an environmental management route if applicable to your role or aspirations.
This degree has three stages, each comprising 120 credits. You’ll start Stage 1 with two 60-credit introductory modules – one with a focus on environment and one with a focus on science. In Stages 2 and 3, the modules you’ll study or choose from will be determined by the route you choose. You’ll conclude your degree with a 30-credit project module.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
- Water and Environmental Management, Chartered Institution of
- Environmental Sciences, Institute of
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£20772||Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||£6624||Whole course|
|Republic of Ireland||£19944||Whole course|