You’ll develop creative writing across a variety of forms, focusing on transmedia storytelling and skills to independently publish your work as a publisher; learning skills in editing, PR and marketing, design, production, and budgeting. Why study MA Creative Writing and Publishing at BU?
- Analyse the cultural and critical influences on the writer and publishing industry, as well as your own practice
- Learn the skills to be able to write creatively and effectively, to a publishable standard, for a variety of different audiences and media
- Work on real-life publishing projects with BU’s own publishing press, Fresher Publishing
- Learn from experienced writers and practitioners who have also acquired master's degrees and/or doctorates in Creative Writing or English themselves
- Benefit from prestigious guest tutors from the world of writing and publishing
- Engage with BU’s international writing competitions: The Bournemouth Writing Prize for emerging voices, and the New Media Writing Prize for stories integrating a variety of formats.
Interactive Storytelling; Writing Fiction; Narrating Identities: Self, Texts and the World; Publishing Cultures and Materialities; Marketing & PR for Writers; Design, Editing & Publishing; Dissertation/Major Project.
A Bachelor Honours degree, 2:2 or above or equivalent in any subject. IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£8500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
Additional fee information