Aston University, Birmingham has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
TESOL at Aston offers students a solid foundation in English language and English language teaching, relating the subject to issues in the wider world, with reference to areas of practical problem solving in educational practice. The course enables students to make informed decisions on a variety of aspects of TESOL through critical reflection. Turn your talent for languages into serious future employment prospects. Acquire near-native linguistic fluency and the high-level political, social and cultural insights that make Aston’s students stand out. Spend a year abroad on a study, or work placement and return equipped with the experience, resilience and emotional intelligence needed to flourish in the world of work. Whether you are coming to us post-A-level or picking up a new language from beginner’s (or ab initio) level, a BSc joint honours degree in Modern Languages at Aston offers something quite different:
- A GOLD standard ranking in the Teaching Excellence Framework;
- World-leading academics with cutting-edge research and teaching experience on French, German, Spanish and Mandarin-speaking regions of the world (from Beijing to Brussels to Berlin to Bogotá);
- Teaching almost exclusively in your chosen language(s) to work quickly towards the kind of fluency and adaptability that employers value;
- Innovative assessment techniques tasks based on real-world professional scenarios;
- A small and friendly department where you’ll be at the heart of a supportive academic community.
- Modern Languages at Aston are ranked 5th for Teaching Satisfaction (Guardian, 2020)
- Comparing our students’ entry grades (A Levels/BTECS/IB etc) with their final degree shows the quality of our teaching: We’re ranked 1st in the UK by this measure (Guardian, 2020)
- 84% of Aston students achieve first or 2:1 degrees, ranking us 20th in the UK (CUG, 2020)
- Employed Aston languages graduates are ranked 12th in the UK for earnings one year after graduation (Longitudinal Educational Outcomes, 2018).
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2020.
If you already have a 2020 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice in Track – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|