University of Exeter has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
- Combining advanced language learning with specialist Middle East studies, this programme leads to high level of expertise in Arabic and the Middle East
- You will receive intensive tuition in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and an Arabic dialect in Exeter and spend a period abroad studying in an Arabic-speaking country
- Our flexible programme, with a wide range of optional modules, enables you to tailor your degree to your interests and conduct independent research on a topic that interests you
- The Institute of Arabic and Islamic Studies (IAIS) is one of the foremost academic departments in Middle East, Islamic Studies and Arabic. Get involved in a variety of IAIS activities and join our vibrant research community
- Your advanced proficiency in Arabic language and Middle East expertise will be valued by public and private sector employers and open doors to further academic study
See our website for details of the modules available for this programme: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/arabislamic/advanced_arabic/#course-content
See our module descriptions for details of assessment methods: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/arabislamic/advanced_arabic/#course-content
For admission to the programme we would normally expect that you hold a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a social sciences or humanities discipline. While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience, we would welcome your application. For full information, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students. This is in addition to the UK Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme. For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit the postgraduate study pages of our website at www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/fees/fundingyourmasters