Our dynamic English BA degree offers you the chance to study in the heart of London and engage with its literary history. You'll be able to select from a wide array of exciting areas of study – with world-class lecturers working on everything from contemporary poetry to medieval performance, from South Asian fiction to creative writing. During the degree, you will discover a range of theoretical and historical approaches to literary study and develop essential skills in critical thinking, expression and research. Key benefits
- One of the oldest English departments in the country, with an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research.
- Central London location offers opportunities to work with Shakespeare's Globe as well as an exciting range of other sites and archives.
- Ours is a department committed to teaching English literatures of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries written in America, Anglophone Africa, Australia, Ireland and South Asia as well as within the UK.
- Personal attention is given to each student, creating a vibrant intellectual atmosphere and a network of support.
- Graduates develop transferable analytical and communications skills making them highly desirable to employers across a range of sectors.
- With several research centres at King's, including the Centre for Modern Literature and Culture, Queer @ King's and the London Shakespeare Centre, you will be working alongside cutting-edge research across a range of fields.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Required subjects: English Literature, or combined English Language and Literature Preferred subjects: English Literature and another arts subject.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|