Course information If you are excited by the idea of using mathematics to make a positive impact on the world, this BSc (Hons) degree could be for you. You will develop your knowledge of mathematical methods and techniques and get the chance to apply these to real problems through projects and placements. KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- RANKINGS: Our Mathematics courses are ranked in the top 20 for the subject area (The Guardian University Guide 2022). The subject area is also ranked as 4th in the UK for student experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021).
- WORKING WITH INDUSTRY: In year two, you’ll work on a real problem set by an employer. You’ll also get the chance to take a year in industry as well as to study and work abroad for a semester, which will broaden your experience and boost your employment prospects.
- VIBRANT COMMUNITY: You’ll join a friendly community including our enthusiastic Mathematics Society and research-active lecturers. You’ll have the opportunity to get involved with research projects which our teaching team are working on.
- PRACTICAL SKILLS: You will build vital transferable skills such as problem-solving, communication, digital skills, teamwork and networking.
- OPTIONAL PLACEMENT YEAR: Gain valuable experience in industry by taking an optional placement year between years two and three.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|