Course Overview If you aspire to work in the global business world and with multi-national companies, our course is the springboard for your career. You'll critically evaluate the relationships between international business strategy and operational needs, learn how to provide creative and innovative solutions through the essential attributes of management and leadership. You will be taught to critically evaluate the relationships between international business strategy and operational needs, and learn how to provide creative and innovative solutions through the essential attributes of management and leadership. We will teach you to contextualise business management and practice across a range of public, private and third stream organisations in local, regional, national, international and global contexts. In addition to studying at our Lancaster campus, you can also choose to study at our collaborative partner FAME based in Malaysia. Why Choose University of Cumbria You'll get a firm grasp of the fundamentals of international business and communication in small, medium and large organisations with a sound knowledge. But you won't just learn theoretically about business - you'll be doing it. Our innovative teaching can bolster your international business practice - and especially cross-cultural boundaries - because you'll find yourself leading a lecture, or turning the classroom into a boardroom, giving you every opportunity to build your business confidence.
- 9/10 of our business graduates are employed or in further study (DLHE 2017)
- Opportunity to study at our collaborative partner FAME in Malaysia
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work to present to a future employer
- Our strong links with regional, national and international businesses boost your placement and employment prospects
- You'll get the opportunity to work with real businesses on project-based assignments
- You'll use the latest technology and packages of that in the real business world
- We get to know you due to small class sizes and provide a personal tutor system
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors conduct international research giving you dynamic and research-informed teaching
- Study in a professional and interactive environment of our dedicated Business School
- We'll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be
- We'll help build your confidence and prepare you for the real nature of the business world because your career post-graduation is important to us.
- An understanding of organisational behaviour and structure
- Analytical and critical thinking
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Keen decision-making
- Persuasive written and oral communication
- Numeracy and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data
- Self-reliance, initiative and the ability to manage time, projects and resources
- Appreciation of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes
- Research skills
Year one - Compulsory modules: Managing People and Organisations, The Business Environment, Introduction to Business Finance, Fundamentals of Business, Principles of Marketing, Management Accounting. Year two - Compulsory modules: Organisational Behaviour, Responsibility, Ethics and Sustainability in Practice, Global Systems Business and Culture, In year placement, Services Marketing, Managing Operations, International Economics. Year three - Compulsory modules: Strategic Analysis, International Marketing. Optional modules (subject to availability and demand): Applied Business Research and Analysis, Independent Project, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Global Business, International Human Resource Management.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|