University of Sunderland has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Study a course informed by world-leading research. Undertake paid placements. Graduate and embark on an exciting career. This BA (Hons) Events Management course combines theoretical modules with practical placements, so that when you graduate you are work-ready. Practical modules include 'Staging Events' in Level 1 and 'Managing the Event' in Level 2. You’ll also organise events from day one at University, and paid placements will help you gain critical knowledge on the management of events as well as gain work experience
- Our Tourism, Transport and Travel courses (which include BA (Hons) Events Management) are ranked 1st in the UK for The teaching on my course, according to the National Student Survey 2018
- Our Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism courses are 2nd in the UK according to The Guardian University league tables 2019
- 97.5% of our BA (Hons) Event Management graduates are in graduate-level employment, further study or training within six months of graduating, according to DLHE 2016/17 (based on full-time, first degree, home leavers)
- All students on this course are eligible to register for the Institute of Hospitality Education Membership Scheme
- National and international work experience opportunities
- Local national and international field visits including study abroad opportunities
- 'World-leading' research in Leisure and Tourism, according to the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Available as 4-year sandwich course, on which you can engage in a one year industrial placement
- Our Tourism, Transport and Travel courses were ranked 3rd overall in the UK in the 2018 UK Engagement Survey
- Our Tourism, Transport and Travel courses were ranked 3rd in the UK for Retention and Progression, and 2nd in the UK for Employability in the 2018 UK Engagement Survey
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Sir Tom Cowie Campus|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||112 points|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DMM|
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||We also require three passes at GCSE grade C or above, which must include Mathematics and English Language, or an equivalent qualification, for example; a minimum of Level 2 Key Skills in Communication and Application of Number. If you have studied for a GCSE which has a numerical grade then you will need to achieve a grade 4 or above.|
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Sunderland
Edinburgh Building, City Campus
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0191 515 3000