University of Wales Trinity Saint David has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Why study a Foundation Year at UWTSD, Lampeter?
- The Integrated Foundation Year offered by the Faculty of Humanities has been designed to help you develop the skills and subject-specific knowledge needed to undertake a degree course and specialise in a specific area.
- Offers you an alternative route into studying with us even if your grades weren’t suitable or if you don’t meet the entry requirements of your chosen course.
- Suitable also for those returning to education after some time away
- With a range of generic study skills mixed with subject-specific modules, you can progress on to degree with confidence.
- We take an immersive approach to learning offering a diverse range of teaching approaches, including lectures, seminars, tutorials and workshop sessions.
- You will attend small-group classes with a focus on discussion and learning activities to encourage the self-development and critical reflection accepted as key to the development of personal and professional capacities.
You will study 120 credits during the year which will be taught in a block style reflecting the learning and teaching model delivered at Level 4. Upon successful completion of the programme, you will move onto a BA (Hons) programme. The 120 credits will be made up of 60 credits of generic skills to help you succeed in your studies. The other 60 credits will be made up of subject-specific modules which will introduce you to the subjects and help you build your knowledge base. The modules offered will focus on introducing you to University life and providing you with academic survival skills, such as academic writing skills, understanding literature, and research skills.
One of the standout features of studying with the Faculty of Humanities in Lampeter is the excellent tutor contact you will have. Teaching is in small groups and seminar groups are also small allowing you to develop your confidence and skills in a supportive environment. Assessment methods used during the Foundation Year are wide and varied so that you experience them before progressing to Level 4 study, again helping you to build your confidence and skills base.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Lampeter Campus|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||32 points||We will accept A levels, National Diplomas, Certificates, National Awards or equivalent, including NVQ Level 3, 14-19 Diploma and Access courses. Providing you achieve the points required, one A level would be sufficient. Our offers are not solely based on academic results. Our Admissions Team deals with all applications, and will judge applications upon a range of indicators of potential and performance.|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9000||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Clearing contact details
0300 500 5054
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0300 500 5054