Harness your passion and kick-start a career as a graphic designer with a high-quality placement during the second year of your studies. On our highly respected graphic design degree programme, you’ll produce exciting designs across a range of traditional and digital media, giving you the skills and experience to become a graphic designer ready to unleash your creativity on the world. Our graduates have gone on to work for well-known names such as Time Out, MTV, Conde Naste, Future Publishing, Wallpaper & the BBC. Course Overview Our graphic design course will give you hands-on experience, providing the expertise, experience, confidence and creative skills needed to launch your career in graphic design. We realise that, as a graduate, what makes you stand out from the crowd is your personality, passion, and the quality of the work in your portfolio. That's why we've designed this graphic design degree to provide you with a wide variety of projects, including a high quality placement & ‘live briefs’, to help you discover what suits you best, allowing you to focus on developing your specialties. You will receive extensive feedback, support, and advice throughout your studies and have access to our state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. On this course you will...
- Learn graphic design, magazine design, illustration and typography from experts in these specialisms, and use industry-standard software, equipment and facilities.
- Undertake a real-world creative placement where you have the opportunity to gain high-quality work experience during the second year of your studies.
- Do real graphic design work. 80% of your studies will be practical, so you won't be just learning theory.
- Build a robust portfolio of work for exhibits to showcase your graphic design training and display your talent to potential employers.
- Benefit from practical demonstrations, visits, and feedback from professional designers.
- Introducing Visual Communication
- Cultural Contexts
- Multi-Dimensional Graphic Design
- Collaborative Practice
- The Designer's Toolkit
- Type & Typography
- Graphic Design Projects
- Creative Economy Placement
- Advanced Design Projects
- Independent Research Paper
- Graphic Design Showcase
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Carlisle - Brampton Road
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|