The BEng Civil Engineering with Foundation Year has been designed explicitly for this purpose, to support UK students from Widening Participation backgrounds wishing to study Engineering:
- It covers the core mathematics required to successfully complete a Civil Engineering degree programme at the University of Exeter
- You’ll be learning in a friendly and structured environment and will be supported academically and personally as you prepare to study a Civil Engineering undergraduate degree
- Provided you achieve the specific progression criteria, you will progress into Year 1 of the BEng Engineering programme, or Year 1 of the Civil, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering programmes which have a Foundation Year
- Depending upon the qualifications you’ve gained prior to beginning the Foundation programme it may be possible to transfer to an undergraduate programme in Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Physics which have a foundation year and provided you meet the entry requirements for that programme.
- International students looking for a foundation course, please visit our INTO page.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University of Exeter - Exeter campuses
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
In support of the university’s Access and Participation Plan this course is only open to UK domiciled students who meet our contextual offer eligibility criteria and who may not have met the entry requirements for first year entry or have not been able to take A level Mathematics alongside a BTEC L3 Extended Diploma. Students can check their eligibility on our contextual offer website https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/entryrequirements/contextual/
English language requirements
GCSE English Language with a minimum pass of Grade C or 4
For further details on our English Language requirements please visit our website
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Exeter
The Queen's Drive