Geotechnical Engineering at Imperial College London - UCAS

Course options

There are other course options available which may have a different vacancy status or entry requirements – view the full list of options

Course summary

Focus on advanced aspects of soil behaviour, related theoretical frameworks and their application to geotechnical problems on this one-year, MSc course. This course will provide you with a solid technical basis in the key areas of geotechnics through a balanced degree programme which integrates core engineering science and recent research findings with practical applications. You'll gain first-hand experience of experimental soil mechanics working in modern, purpose-built laboratories, through a mixture of theoretical and practical learning. This degree will also enable you to forge strong links with industry and enhance your fieldwork skills on a series of trips to areas of geological and geotechnical interest in the UK and abroad. This course is part of the geotechnics cluster of courses at Imperial. These streams share approximately 80% of the curriculum, while the remaining 20% allows specialisation in the areas of advanced Soil Mechanics, Engineering Seismology, Environmental Geotechnics and Engineering Geology.

  • Geotechnical Engineering (this stream)
  • Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
  • Geotechnical and Geological Engineering
  • Geotechnical and Earthquake Engineering
  • Geotechnical Engineering with Data Science and Mathematical Optimisation

Entry requirements

2:1 in civil engineering, natural sciences, earth sciences or other numerate disciplines. A suitable grounding in mathematics is required, e.g. A-level grade B or higher. We also accept a wide variety of international qualifications.

Fees and funding

Tuition fees

No fee information has been provided for this course

Additional fee information

No additional fees or cost information has been supplied for this course, please contact the provider directly.
Geotechnical Engineering at Imperial College London - UCAS