Our Creative Advertising degree blends practice, theory and industry knowledge to prepare you for careers in the creative industries. Co-designed with internationally renowned advertising agency M&C Saatchi, our Creative Advertising and Art Direction degree has a strong employment focus, and an important feature is that you will spend time in the agency. You will learn how to produce advertising and creative content, in a range of media, to enable you to be adaptable for any creative department for a diverse range of audiences. You can specialise in art direction, copywriting, moving image, experiential, digital content and a variety of other visual and written branded communications. Your skills are built up over practical modules, critical and research modules and industry modules. There is a lot to learn but we all believe it should be fun. Graduates will be able to pursue careers in private and public companies, for creative advertising agencies, 360° agencies, experiential, content and digital agencies and for the charity sector.
- Co-designed with internationally renowned advertising agency you will develop a creative and strategic skill set for creative advertising and communications environments
- This degree promotes diversity of representation and inclusion by supporting a wide and diverse set of applicants and extending student networks in industry
- The course is designed to stimulate you intellectually and creatively, advancing critical engagement with practice, theory, industry, audiences, and social and cultural capital
- You will have plenty of opportunities to publicly present work created in a wide scope of media, materials and processes and future-facing digital technologies
- Prepares you to go into the wider world of work as change makers, demonstrating an understanding of sustainable consumption and production patterns.
Students are assessed through a combination of assessment methods depending on the modules chosen. Each course has formal assessments which count towards your grade and a number of formative assessments and presentations which help you to improve your work. Some courses may also include 'practice' assignments, which help you monitor progress and do not count towards your final grade.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Please note: Applicants to whom the University wishes to consider making an offer will first be required to submit a portfolio of 10 creative pieces in any medium, from art & design to creative writing to tiktoks and short films.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|