Our new MSc Business Analytics is designed to enhance your skills in data analysis and evidence-based decision-making. It is ideal if you are looking to develop your knowledge and technical skills in an area of high demand by all types of organisations. This course provides a blend of technical, quantitative modules in data analytics alongside more applied business-focused modules that will develop your ability to make data-driven decisions within a business and organisational setting. You will develop the skills to:
- analyse and interpret data to generate insights and intelligence
- apply forecasting methods to model scenarios that inform organisational decision-making and solve complex business problems
- communicate technical information to different audiences.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sports management, and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- Birkbeck students are drawn from a diverse range in terms of age and academic, social and cultural backgrounds. This creates a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- Birkbeck is based in Bloomsbury in central London, which is a centre for international business.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library with its wealth of digital resources.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
A mix of individual coursework assignments (the practical application of data analytics, simulation and statistical techniques), group work, reports, presentations and a final project report.
How to apply
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses and foundation programmes to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification. This degree is designed for graduates who are new to business analytics. The course is heavily quantitative in nature therefore some prior experience in quantitative skills would be beneficial. For those applicants without prior experience in statistics, a short introductory statistics course will be provided. We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£13500||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700