There are fantastic graduate career opportunities right across the Biological Sciences, from Medical and Healthcare Sciences to Forensics and Animal Biology. Our Biological Sciences courses have a strong practical emphasis, designed to prepare you for an exciting career. This applied approach gives you the opportunity to develop a range of skills and expertise to boost your graduate employability. If you don't currently have the entry requirements to go straight onto a degree in these subjects, then successful completion of our Foundation Year in Biological Sciences will prepare you for the next stage of your journey. The course has been carefully designed to prepare you to progress onto degree level study at the University of Worcester, and our expert teaching staff will support you throughout your studies here. If you study at the University of Worcester, you will find yourself part of a dynamic, forward thinking University with excellent teaching staff and first-class facilities to support you right through your studies. Key features
- A friendly supportive learning environment with an open-door policy and support from a personal academic tutor
- Carefully designed courses to help you make sure you have the right mix of skills and knowledge to progress
- A strong emphasis on practical and laboratory work
- Modern laboratories, specialist equipment and an inspiring environment for you to gain practical skills and develop your interests
- Excellent teaching staff who are committed to helping students achieve their goals
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
For the BSc Hons Biological Science with a Foundation Year you should be at least 18 years old and have GCSE (or equivalent) passes in English Language. However, all applicants will be judged on their individual merits and we will take other skills, qualifications and life experience into account. We welcome mature students without the usual formal qualifications and will consider your application based on your suitability and preparedness to complete the course. The University will consider each application on its individual merits and will recognise a range of qualifications, including BTEC, access courses, European Baccalaureate and pre-2002 qualification such as GNVQ. Non-standard entry via the exploratory essay route is also available.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.